Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cloudy morning concert...


6:05 a.m. we have cloud cover from horizon to horizon. A beautiful study in grays across the morning sky. The wind is sweeping in from the west carrying the smell of wet snow and rain.

We had a bit of rain yesterday so the air is fresh and clean not filled with powdered dust swirling about. It is a bracing 39 degrees F. this fine spring day.

I stood in my front door closed my eyes and listened to the morning concert… the wind singing through the trees… the multitude of birds singing in the juniper tree just outside the door.

As I quieted my mind keeping my eyes closed … to lessen distractions… I started to hear the individual voices of the birds… each one unique…

I have been blessed this morning with a morning concert, fresh clean air, and the promise of more moisture for the thirsty rangeland…

May you see the beauty that surrounds you… may peace fill your mind and soul… may you celebrate the day…

Mary E. Robbins
find me on facebook
Robbins Run Ranch

No comments: