Friday, September 22, 2006

Good By Cows...





There are no longer cattle in our pasture... time for them to go elsewhere... the rancher called me yesterday evening and said he was moving them to their fall pasture... This will give the pasture a bit of time to recover before the hard freezes set on ... if we get any rain. Either way the pasture is resting for autumn and winter... David went out and shut off the hydrant in the north pasture and drained the stock tank for the winter.


Winter is definitely on it's way... frankly it would suit me fine if autumn lasted until the last week in January... and spring started the first week in Feb... of course those are my 2 favorite seasons...lol... winter does have some beautiful days ... it never ceases to amaze me the beauty of this range country... try as I might... I can not capture it in my camera... it is always more grand in person...

be well...

Life is a journey... enjoy the trip... Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs

No comments: