Saturday, July 05, 2008

Asparagus and Flash Flood Waterfall

Note: to access the full sized photos simply click on the photos to open them. I would suggest right clicking and then opening them in another tab or another window. enjoy

I managed to get a few photos of the asparagus coming up in our field, on May 21st 2008. This was the first year since we made this ranch our home in 2003 that I was able to pick asparagus. We had a lovely dinner of steak and aspargus, and I froze several packages for later.

It was wonderful to actually be able to pick some. The past 4 years illness made it too much for my body to handle. It was wonderful to actually be able to do it.





On May 23rd, 2008 we had thunderstorms and rain. This was in the evening, the rain had lightened up and I heard this roar. It didn't sound quite like a tornado, but I looked anyway. Then I thought what on earth is this; it didn't sound quite like a train. Then I noticed the water running off the embankment across the road from our house. I grabbed my camera and used the zoom lense to snap the following pictures.

There are 2 places where the water was coming over. I am soooooo glad they had redug the bar pits on that side of the dirt road or that water would have run right into our driveway. I was standing on my front step taking these photos.




Life is a journey... enjoy the trip.

Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream With Our Pomeranians
307.788.0202

No comments: