Friday, January 27, 2012

Shared Breakfast and Early Morning Birdsong.

The hubs and I just finished breakfast…grapefruit, basted eggs, golden potatoes sautéed in olive oil, grilled pepper bacon, and fresh strong black coffee.
I stepped outside to breathe in the wonderful moist air and to listen to the birds celebrating the morning. I love the sound of them, their voices all individual in their song, yet in wonderful harmony. The aged juniper tree in the front yard is full of sheltering birds chirping and singing welcome to the new day.

There is a wind advisory for today, but it is still wonderfully calm, and a warm 31 degrees F (-1 C). It is nearly 7 A.M. and the sky is a study in shades of gray as the artistry of the clouds shift overhead.

It rained a bit last night and there is a skiff of snow across the yards and pastures.


It was good to have breakfast together. This is something we have not done much of in the 20 years we have been married. David, the hubs, was gone on the railroad most of the time. Now that he has retired we are adjusting to being in the same place most of the time. Lol. This has been an interesting process. Each of us trying to sort out what our territories are. Frustrating at times, and actually rather funny if you allow yourself to see the humor in the situation.

Now I am at my computer and he is watching Dances With Wolves on the big screen. I like to listen to the dialogue. It’s like being read a story and gives my mind the chance to fill in the pictures.

I gargled with peroxide and mouthwash mixed a couple times last night, and once this morning and my throat is feeling a bit better. I’m going to continue this routine through the weekend and see if it heals up. It’s been rather nasty, feverish, and swollen. I should have started the peroxide earlier, but I wasn’t sure if it was an infection in my throat again, or soreness from whiplash. It seems it was both. I found some salve, Unkers, that has been helping with the muscle pain. It seems to be helping the muscles to actually heal as well.

There is a marked change in the tenderness where my jaw and neck meet in those glands this morning. Yesterday they were swollen and tender enough to make me wince in pain if I turned my head or touched that area. I’m going to give it a couple more days, treating it with the peroxide (ick nasty taste). If it hasn’t markedly improved by then I’ll call the doctor.

I had enough relief last night that I actually slept pretty well. Felt good. Enough of neck pain and peroxide.

Got some happy news, I’d been rather frustrated with my glasses because I’d scratched them up something awful. I decided to call the eye clinic where we bought them to see if they could polish out the scratches. The person I talked to said no, they could not polish them out, but they would replace the lenses. They called me the other day and said the lenses had come in. Now to get into town and have them put into my frames. I did not expect them to replace the lenses, it was a nice surprise.

Today is day 27 of the 100 days challenge: and I am heading to the stationary bike to get my morning workout in. It feels really good to be following through with this.  Ok… I am off to peddle.

Life is a journey, Enjoy the trip.
Mary E. Robbins.

No comments: